I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather over the past couple of days, so I thought a protein-packed bento would help get me back on my feet. Sushi rice, asparagus, spicy scrambled egg, sea bass fish cake, cucumber salad and two types of stir fried veg should do the trick 🙂
- I made four fishcakes using 200g mashed potato, one sea bass fillet poached in milk and some salt and pepper. Normally I’d add a few chilli flakes, but my Goth finds spicy food challenging. Just flake the fish, stir it into the mash and form into four small patties. I patted them with breadcrumbs and grilled until golden.
- For the cabbage stir fry, I shredded some Chinese greens and fried them in sesame oil until soft at which point I added a splash of soy sauce and generous pinch of chilli flakes.
- For the yellow pepper and red onion stir fry, I just soften the veggies in a small amount of oil.
- The cucumber salad is cucumber marinated in rice vinegar with a sprinkling of ume-shisho powder
- For the scrambled egg, I scrambled and egg with a sprinkling of the nearest spice mix in the kitchen, which I believe was harissa-based.